Some of the many perks of working at SuperData:
- Competitive salary and benefits packages
- Monthly game stipends
- Full-company winter and summer holidays and generous paid holiday packages
- Dynamic startup environment
- Regular happy hours and team events
Don’t see a position that matches you? We are always looking for incredible, experienced candidates in many disciplines. Send us your resume and we’ll keep it on file.
PREDICTIVE MODELING ANALYST
New York, NY
The Data Analytics Team at SuperData Research translates all market data streams into actionable data & intelligence products for the digital video games industry. The team actively supports developers, publishers, and investors in developing strong market strategy.
The Predictive Modeling Analyst is an expert in understanding how models and algorithms work. As part of the Analytics Team their main responsibility will be to build predictive models, improve current data aggregation processes and provide support to senior analysts.
The ideal candidate will have a background in business analytics with experience in SQL and other database solutions along with statistical skills in programs like MATLAB.
- Qualitative and quantitative research of broad spectrum of video games across multiple segments (PC, Console, Mobile) and regions
- Maintaining library of predictive financial models of the top performing titles and markets
- Aiding in development of new data-related products
- Developing multivariate algorithms to model the performance of top games and markets
- Degree in an analytics oriented focus (Finance, Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Physics) or comparable work experience
- Must play a broad spectrum of video games across Console, PC and Mobile
- Understanding of how video games earn money (physical storefronts, virtual economies, in-game stores, in-game currencies etc)
- Ability to work with tight deadlines and incomplete datasets
- Microsoft Excel (Lookups, Pivot Tables, Dynamic Formulation, Sorting, Charts)
- Must be very comfortable working with time series data (Percentage Change, CAGR, Retention, Growth-Decay, Convergence, Steady States)
- Strong understanding of MySQL: nested queries, joints, temporary tables
- Understanding of scripting, data structures, loops, algorithms, events, procedures, functions
- English proficiency required
- 1+ years’ experience in an analyst type or similar role
Impress us with ridiculous in game achievements, your top game stats, your unbeatable Magic: The Gathering deck, or your custom rig specs. Be prepared to explain.
Projected Start Date: February 2018
Submit your resume and cover letter to jobs [at] superdataresearch.com and put Predictive Modeling Analyst in the subject line. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
CLIENT RELATIONS MANAGER
New York, NY
SuperData is looking to fill the position of Client Relations Manager within our Business Development team. Us: we’re the world’s leading provider of digital games and playable media market intelligence. You: a smart self-starter with exceptional interpersonal, organizational, and oral and written communication skills who can translate technical knowledge for users on all levels and is a gamer at heart.
The ideal candidate for this position would be an account manager in a business-to-business capacity working with both syndicated and custom product offerings: someone who can effortlessly engage and assist clients across the technical savvy spectrum. That’s to say: be able to get into the nitty gritty with a client who knows the ins and outs of the industry, metrics definitions, dashboard tools, and more; or, help someone new to games gain full insights from our work and background needed to understand the industry.
The Client Relations Manager will guide clients through the on-boarding process of their Arcade subscription (SuperData’s gold-standard competitive intelligence dashboard), act as a liaison between the Data, Research, and Business Development teams on behalf of the client, and assist in up-selling conversations.
Compensation will be commensurate with skill set and experience. Ideal start date is February 2018.
- Set up and familiarize new clients with the SuperData Arcade dashboard and other syndicated research and products
- Guide clients through technical details of SuperData methodology and terminology
- Handle troubleshoot requests
- Serve as liaison between Research and Data teams and the client for specific requests and coordinating correspondence on custom projects
- Identify and explore areas of additional need for clients
- Provide regular checkins for clients to alert them to new insights and Arcade features and capabilities
- 2 years of full-time work experience, ideally in a B2B account management position
- Ability to effectively read and analyze graphs and data
- Terrific interpersonal skills
- Exceptional ability to translate technical knowledge to users at all experience levels
- Strong writing and communication skills in English (fluency required)
- Ability to work independently and communicate effectively across teammates
- Big plus: experience in an account manager/client-facing position involving very technical concepts and custom research
- Previous experience in video games, the digital entertainment industry
- Impress us with a ridiculous high-score in your favorite game, your vintage NES console, your unbeatable Magic deck, your GTA V fan art, etc.
Please send your resume, cover letter, and a writing sample to jobs [at] superdataresearch.com by February 5, 2018 and put Client Relations Manager in the subject. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
New York, NY
SuperData Research is looking to fill a full-time position that will support our marketing and PR teams. Us: the leading provider of digital games and interactive media industry intelligence. You: a smart, social self-starter with a passion for marketing and games.
The person in this position will be responsible for coordinating all marketing efforts and will work with multiple teams to launch products, facilitate PR, distribute content, run social media campaigns, and update our public-facing resources.
We are looking for someone who understands corporate communications while adding a unique voice to our brand. This person must be more than a gamer — someone who doesn’t just play but understands the industry and keeps up with the latest news and trends. The coordinator will combine their passion for games, VR/AR, and/or esports with exceptional oral and written communication skills and outstanding attention to detail. Previous marketing experience is required.
Compensation will be commensurate with skill set and experience. Ideal start date is February 2018.
- Write and publish product descriptions for website
- Make website edits and updates including new product pages
- Create email campaigns using Mailchimp
- Keep up with industry news and trends in order to distribute up-to-the-minute content
- Coordinate with external PR team to field inbound press requests and keep the editorial calendar up-to-date
- Manage company social media, including regularly crafting industry-relevant tweets according to our brand’s voice and image
- Keep internal branding and visual resources current and occasionally design graphs and slides
- 1 year of full-time or internship experience in marketing, PR, advertising or similar
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Content-writing experience (copywriting, blog posts, product summaries, etc.)
- Experience maintaining social media channels for organizations (not including personal accounts)
- Exceptional organization skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work proactively and independently with little supervision
- MUST have experience with:
- Mailchimp or similar
- Social media tools such as Hootsuite, TweetDeck, Buffer or similar
- Excel (basic formulas)
- Powerpoint or Keynote
- Adobe Design Suite or similar (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- An interest in the video game industry, including publisher news, relevant game releases, and market trends
- Impress us with a ridiculously high score in your favorite game, your vintage NES console, your unbeatable Magic deck, your GTA fan art, etc.
**Please only apply if you have ALL of the required skills
Submit your resume, cover letter and writing sample to jobs [at] superdataresearch [dot] com and write “Marketing Coordinator” in the subject line. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
INTERN – NEW YORK CITY, NY
SuperData Research, the leading provider of digital games and interactive media intelligence, is looking to fill a part-time position that will support our research department.
This role is for the games enthusiast who knows Steam doesn’t just rise from coffee, can’t sleep when the slightest details are out of place and can out-Google a New York Times fact checker.
The Research Intern is responsible for being a scrappy team player who helps do things like look up who won the last LoL tournament, see what updates Pokémon GO released for the holidays, gather data like it’s redstone, speedrun through to-do lists, and everything in between.
- Research Assistance
- Search the internet, internal data and game forums for insights
- Communicate needs between departments
- Pull and organize data from our internal database
- Administrative Assistance
- Manage schedules
- Make arrangements for meetings and events
- Keep files and documents organized
- Help coordinate travel plans
- Current Junior or Senior in college
- Extremely keen eye for detail (this is a must!)
- Team player looking to help any way they can
- Experience with Excel
- Experience with PowerPoint and/or Keynote (Keynote experience preferred but not required)
- Social, eager and proactive
- Knowledge of proper written grammar and punctuation rules
- Knowledge and understanding of the business side of video games
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop or InDesign
- Experience with graphic design
- Experience and/or a love for market research
- Experience with more than one VR device
- A ridiculously high-score in your favorite game, your keystrokes per minute, your unbeatable Magic deck, your enthusiasm for your favorite eSports team – anything that shows you’re a gaming fanatic!
Submit your resume, cover letter and writing sample to jobs [at] superdataresearch [dot] com and write “Intern Application” in the subject line. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
DATA MANAGEMENT INTERN – NEW YORK CITY, NY
The Technology Team at SuperData Research manages a full tech stack which supports our live web products, data pipelines, and data management. The Data Management Intern is a hybrid role that primarily wrangles data streams to support analysts and data pipelines. This primarily includes the building and transformation of data in, within, and out of MySQL + postgreSQL database environments.
The Ideal Data Management Intern:
You have recently graduated with or are pursuing a degree (Undergraduate or Masters) in an analytics focus and can program to solve problems. (Finance, Economics, Statistics, Business, Computer Science, Computer Engineering)
You are a strong problem solver – you solve problems of a particular type once, not individual problems. Your solutions are dynamic and scalable.
You are always learning newer, faster, and better ways of doing things.
You test and tune your own work.
You have extreme attention to detail.
You can look at a dump of data (whether transactional, aggregated, or time series) and easily envision all the ways the data can be sliced into actionable components.
You know what you know, you know what you don’t know, and you know how to figure out what you need to know.
You are available to work 16+hrs a week, preferably ~24hrs+
- Management of MySQL Databases (Design, Import, Ad-hoc support queries, Procedures, Events, Speed Tuning, entry-level DBA)
- Development of BI dashboards with QA team.
- Development of BI dashboards for live products.
- Purchasing for custom computers, networking equipment, and hardware peripherals.
- Microsoft Excel (Understanding of file formats. Import/export/manipulate .csv, .txt and other tabular/delimited formats from command line)
Comfortable working with time series data. (Percentage Change, CAGR)
- Intermediate understanding of MySQL: nested queries, joins, temporary tables, stored procedures, and can transform transaction line data into monthly, quarterly, or other grouped summary style formats on the fly.
- Intermediate understanding of scripting, data structures, loops, algorithms, events, procedures, functions.
- QA/QC own work.
- You play video games and understand how video games earn money. (Physical storefronts, virtual economies, in-game stores, in-game currencies.)
- English proficiency required.
- 1-3 years work experience in office environment.
- Amazon Web Services (S3, EC2, AWS) or experience with similar cloud data providers.
- Familiarity with the video games and understanding of how games earn revenue a plus. (Virtual economies, exchange rates, how to make a purchase, what virtual storefronts look like, etc.)
- Impress us with a ridiculous high-score in your favorite game, your gaming stats, your unbeatable Magic deck, or your gaming rig specs.
- Show us website content, databases, or dashboards you have developed or are currently developing.
Projected Start Date: March 2018
Submit your resume and cover letter to jobs [at] superdataresearch [dot] com and write “Data Management Intern” in the subject line. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.