Some of the many perks of working at SuperData:
- Competitive salary and benefits packages
- Monthly game stipends
- Full-company winter and summer holidays and generous paid holiday packages
- Dynamic startup environment
- Regular happy hours and team events
New York, NY
SuperData is the leading provider of data and market intelligence on digital games and interactive media. Our research methodology is driven by behavioral and digital point-of-sale data collected directly from game publishers and developers.
SuperData publishes industry relevant key performance indicators for benchmarking, competitive analysis, and performance optimization. We specialize in helping our clients use data to identify actionable growth and investment opportunities.
The Innovation Team sits at the nexus of the Business Development, Insights, and Analytics teams at SuperData Research and develops new products and efficiencies working with novel, proprietary data sets.
The Data Engineer is an agile data modeling expert. As part of strategic product development and new KPI projects, the data engineer is required to use excellent quantitative analytical and predictive modeling skills, as well as strong database and backend prowess, to offer internal and external SuperData clients with creative solutions to complex questions. The data engineer is expected to find answers and develop new predictive models in a responsive way, sometimes with a dearth of information. This role sits at the forefront of innovation within SuperData’s product development team.
The ideal candidate will have a background in business analytics with experience in SQL and other database solutions along with statistical skills in programs like SPSS and R.
- Preparing and integrating multiple data streams into scalable databases.
- Developing multivariate algorithms to model the performance of top games and markets
- Preliminary analysis on basic data and new data streams.
- Statistical analyses for the creation of new forecasting and predictive models.
- Use internal and external data points to identify trends and opportunities for innovation in KPIs and modeling.
- Experience with SPSS, R, or another statistical analysis program.
- Microsoft Excel (Understanding of file formats. Import/export/manipulate .csv, .txt and other tabular/delimited formats)
- Microsoft Excel (Intermediate to Expert Level).
- Working problem solving skills – Algebra, Arithmetic, Statistics.
- Must be very comfortable working with time series data. (Percentage Change, CAGR)
- Dynamic Design (Limit hard coding).
- Strong understanding of MySQL: nested queries, joins, temporary tables, stored procedures, and can transform transaction line data into monthly, quarterly, or other grouped summary style formats on the fly.
- Understanding of scripting, data structures, loops, algorithms, events, procedures, functions.
- Ability to QA/QC own work.
- English proficiency required.
- 1-3 years’ experience.
- Must play a broad spectrum of video games across Console, PC & Mobile.
- Understanding of how games earn revenue a plus. (Virtual economies, exchange rates, how to make a purchase, what are virtual storefronts, etc.)
Projected Start Date: January 15, 2018
Submit your resume and cover letter to jobs [at] superdataresearch.com by January 1 and put Data Engineer in the subject line. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
New York, NY
SuperData Research is looking to fill a full-time position that will support our marketing and PR teams. Us: the leading provider of digital games and interactive media industry intelligence. You: a smart, social self-starter with a passion for marketing and games.
The person in this position will be responsible for coordinating all marketing efforts and will work with multiple teams to launch products, facilitate PR, distribute content, run social media campaigns, and update our public-facing resources.
We are looking for someone who understands corporate communications while adding a unique voice to our brand. This person must be more than a gamer — someone who doesn’t just play but understands the industry and keeps up with the latest news and trends. The coordinator will combine their passion for games, VR/AR, and/or esports with exceptional oral and written communication skills and outstanding attention to detail. Previous marketing experience is required.
Compensation will be commensurate with skill set and experience. Ideal start date is January 15, 2018.
- Write and publish product descriptions for website
- Make website edits and updates including new product pages
- Create email campaigns using Mailchimp
- Keep up with industry news and trends in order to distribute up-to-the-minute content
- Coordinate with external PR team to field inbound press requests and keep the editorial calendar up-to-date
- Manage company social media, including regularly crafting industry-relevant tweets according to our brand’s voice and image
- Keep internal branding and visual resources current and occasionally design graphs and slides
- 1 year of full-time or internship experience in marketing, PR, advertising or similar
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Content-writing experience (copywriting, blog posts, product summaries, etc.)
- Experience maintaining social media channels for organizations (not including personal accounts)
- Exceptional organization skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work proactively and independently with little supervision
- MUST have experience with:
- Mailchimp or similar
- Social media tools such as Hootsuite, TweetDeck, Buffer or similar
- Excel (basic formulas)
- Powerpoint or Keynote
- Adobe Design Suite or similar (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- An interest in the video game industry, including publisher news, relevant game releases, and market trends
- Impress us with a ridiculously high score in your favorite game, your vintage NES console, your unbeatable Magic deck, your GTA fan art, etc.
**Please only apply if you have ALL of the required skills
Submit your resume, cover letter and writing sample to jobs [at] superdataresearch [dot] com and write “Marketing Coordinator” in the subject line. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
INTERN – NEW YORK CITY, NY
SuperData Research, the leading provider of digital games and interactive media intelligence, is looking to fill a part-time position that will support our research department.
This role is for the games enthusiast who knows Steam doesn’t just rise from coffee, can’t sleep when the slightest details are out of place and can out-Google a New York Times fact checker.
The Research Intern is responsible for being a scrappy team player who helps do things like look up who won the last LoL tournament, see what updates Pokémon GO released for the holidays, gather data like it’s redstone, speedrun through to-do lists, and everything in between.
- Research Assistance
- Search the internet, internal data and game forums for insights
- Communicate needs between departments
- Pull and organize data from our internal database
- Administrative Assistance
- Manage schedules
- Make arrangements for meetings and events
- Keep files and documents organized
- Help coordinate travel plans
- Current Junior or Senior in college
- Extremely keen eye for detail (this is a must!)
- Team player looking to help any way they can
- Experience with Excel
- Experience with PowerPoint and/or Keynote (Keynote experience preferred but not required)
- Social, eager and proactive
- Knowledge of proper written grammar and punctuation rules
- Knowledge and understanding of the business side of video games
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop or InDesign
- Experience with graphic design
- Experience and/or a love for market research
- Experience with more than one VR device
- A ridiculously high-score in your favorite game, your keystrokes per minute, your unbeatable Magic deck, your enthusiasm for your favorite eSports team – anything that shows you’re a gaming fanatic!
Projected Start Date: Sept 11
Please send your resume and cover letter to jobs [at] superdataresearch.com with the subject “Intern application”