Some of the many perks of working at SuperData:
- Competitive salary and benefits packages
- Monthly game stipends
- Full-company winter and summer holidays and generous paid holiday packages
- Dynamic startup environment
- Regular happy hours and team events
Don’t see a position that matches you? We are always looking for incredible, experienced candidates in many disciplines. Send us your resume and we’ll keep it on file.
New York, NY
SuperData is the leading provider of data and market intelligence on digital games and interactive media. Our research methodology is driven by behavioral and digital point-of-sale data collected directly from game publishers and developers.
SuperData publishes industry relevant key performance indicators for benchmarking, competitive analysis, and performance optimization. We specialize in helping our clients use data to identify actionable growth and investment opportunities.
The Innovation Team sits at the nexus of the Business Development, Insights, and Analytics teams at SuperData Research and develops new products and efficiencies working with novel, proprietary data sets.
The Data Engineer is an agile data modeling expert. As part of strategic product development and new KPI projects, the data engineer is required to use excellent quantitative analytical and predictive modeling skills, as well as strong database and backend prowess, to offer internal and external SuperData clients with creative solutions to complex questions. The data engineer is expected to find answers and develop new predictive models in a responsive way, sometimes with a dearth of information. This role sits at the forefront of innovation within SuperData’s product development team.
The ideal candidate will have a background in business analytics with experience in SQL and other database solutions along with statistical skills in programs like SPSS and R.
- Preparing and integrating multiple data streams into scalable databases.
- Developing multivariate algorithms to model the performance of top games and markets.
- Preliminary analysis on basic data and new data streams.
- Statistical analyses for the creation of new forecasting and predictive models.
- Use internal and external data points to identify trends and opportunities for innovation in KPIs and modeling.
- Strong understanding of scripting, data structures, loops, algorithms, events, procedures, functions. (Python preferred, JS/MySQL experience plus)
- Strong understanding of MySQL: nested queries, joins, temporary tables, stored procedures, and can transform transaction line data into monthly, quarterly, or other grouped summary style formats on the fly.
- Experience with SPSS, R, or another statistical analysis program.
- Microsoft Excel (Intermediate to Expert Level, Understanding of file formats. Import/export/manipulate .csv, .txt and other tabular/delimited formats.
- Working problem solving skills – Algebra, Arithmetic, Statistics
- Must be very comfortable working with time series data. (Percentage Change, CAGR)
- Dynamic Design (Limit hard coding)
- Ability QA/QC own work
- English proficiency required.
- 1-3 years’ experience.
- MUST play a broad spectrum of video games across Console, PC & Mobile.
- Understanding of how games earn revenue a plus. (Virtual economies, exchange rates, how to make a purchase, what are virtual storefronts, etc.)
Projected Start Date: June 1st, 2018
Submit your resume and cover letter to jobs [at] superdataresearch.com and put Data Engineer in the subject line. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
New York, NY
The Data Analytics Team at SuperData Research translates all market data streams into actionable data & intelligence products for the digital video games industry. The team actively supports developers, publishers, and investors in developing strong market strategy.
The Data Analyst is an expert in understanding how digital games and markets work. As part of the Analytics Team their main responsibility will be to perform qualitative and quantitative research on various segments of the gaming market and on individual titles.
The ideal candidate will have a background in business analytics with experience in SQL and other database solutions along with statistical skills in programs like MATLAB.
- Maintaining library of predictive financial models of the top performing titles
- Aggregating and vetting potential data sources to inform models
- Aiding in development of new data-related products
- Staying up to date with the latest industry related trends/news
- Helping with custom data requests of varying scope and size from clients
- A degree (Undergraduate or Masters) in an analytics oriented field (Finance, Economics, Statistics, Business, Engineering, Physics)
- 1-3 years’ experience in an analyst type or similar role
- Active knowledge of video games mechanics and monetization strategies (physical storefronts, virtual economies, in-game stores, in-game currencies)
- Coding experience and understanding of the nuances of writing and debugging scripts
- Basic understanding of database structures and writing SQL queries
- Microsoft Excel (Lookups, Pivot Tables, Dynamic Formulation, Sorting, Charts)
- Must be comfortable working with time series data (Percentage Change, CAGR, Retention, Growth-Decay, Convergence, Steady States)
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- English proficiency required
- Basic understanding of the MATLAB coding environment
- Financial Document Proficiency (Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Cash Flow Statement, Investor Presentations, Prospectus)
- Impress us with ridiculous in game achievements, your top game stats, your unbeatable Magic deck, or your custom rig specs
Projected Start Date: May 1st 2018
Submit your resume and cover letter to jobs [at] superdataresearch.com and put “Data Analyst” in the subject line. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
OFFICE ADMINISTRATIVE MANAGER
New York, NY
SuperData Research, the leading provider of digital games and interactive media intelligence, is looking for a full time Office Administrative Manager to provide administrative support and undertake a variety of day-to-day clerical tasks. You will be an integral part in ensuring our office runs smoothly and that operations are efficient and add maximum value to the organization.
Reporting directly to the COO and the VP of Strategy, the ideal office coordinator is a phenomenally organized and competent professional with excellent communication skills. You will be comfortable dealing with people and able to carry out administrative duties with accuracy and speed.
- Organize all office operations and procedures
- Manage contracts and price negotiations with office vendors
- Address all employees’ queries regarding office management issues
- Plan inhouse or off-site activities such as team outings or happy hour
- Schedule internal and external meeting
- Prepare summaries of meetings, calls and research
- Manage organizational budgets
- Transcribe notes
- Prepare and maintain expense reports
- Perform general office administration duties – printing and scanning, creating documents, taking messages, etc.
- Manage invoicing system
- Coordinate staff travel
- Manage onboarding processes for new hires
- Basic HR duties – Communicating information on employee benefits, etc.
- Populate and keep up strategy, HR and accounting documents (sales analysis, progress tracking, invoice tracking, costs, etc.)
- Maintain office condition and arrange necessary repairs
- A meticulous attention to detail
- Proven experience as an office coordinator and knowledge of office administration responsibilities, systems and procedures
- Exceptional communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office (specifically MS Excel)
- Solid math skills
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Proactive and willing to look for all possible solutions
- Preferably a business background, interested in pursuing a career in strategy, HR or operations
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop or InDesign or similar
- A degree in business or a business-related field
- Impress us with ridiculous in game achievements, your top game stats, your unbeatable Magic: The Gathering deck, or your custom rig specs.
Submit your cover letter and resume to jobs [at] superdataresearch [dot] com and write “Office Administrative Manager” in the subject line. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.