Some of the many perks of working at SuperData:
- Competitive salary and benefits packages
- Monthly game stipends
- Full-company winter and summer holidays and generous paid holiday packages
- Dynamic startup environment
- Regular happy hours and team events
ESPORTS RESEARCH ANALYST
New York, NY
SuperData Research is looking to fill a full-time position that will support our insights department! Us: a leading provider of digital games industry intelligence. You: a smart self-starter with research experience and an interest in the video games industry.
The person in this position will be responsible for leading esports data analysis and reporting. The ideal candidate will write and analyze surveys, research public and proprietary information for key data and insights, and educate internal and external stakeholders on the esports industry. They will then write about their research in reports and presentations.
We are looking for someone who is comfortable with both qualitative and quantitative research. The candidate must be able to write clearly in fluent English about their research findings while also being able to do light data analysis in Excel with the use of basic algebra and statistics.
Compensation will be commensurate with skill set and experience. Ideal start date is September 25, 2017.
Data analysis & research:
- Analyze internal datasets to identify key trends in esports and gaming video content
- Perform qualitative research to find support for quantitative findings such as surveys, interviews, conference attendance and general research
- Keep informed about news and trends in the esports industry
- Be the company expert on all things esports including important games, events, sponsorships, players and investments
- Write reports and presentations outlining research findings
- Present findings and insights to internal and external stakeholders
- 4+ years of full-time office experience
- Experience in market research, journalism, esports and/or sports business
- Deep understanding and interest in the esports and video games industries
- Extremely keen eye for detail (this is a must!)
- Strong analytical writing and communication skills in fluent English
- Ability to read, create and analyze graphs and data sets
- Quick math skills (basic algebra and statistics)
- Knowledge of Excel (pivot tables, formulas, etc.)
- PowerPoint/Keynote experience
- Ability to work independently and communicate effectively with teammates
**Please only apply if you have ALL of the required skills
- Experience with survey platforms such as Qualtrics
- Fluency in Korean or Japanese
- Previous experience in market research specifically for video games, esports, digital entertainment or technology
- Impress us with a ridiculously high score in your favorite game, your vintage NES console, your unbeatable Magic deck, your GTA fan art, etc.
Submit your resume, cover letter and writing sample to jobs [at] superdataresearch [dot] com and put “Esports Analyst” in the subject line. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
INTERN – NEW YORK CITY, NY
SuperData Research, the leading provider of digital games and interactive media intelligence, is looking to fill a part-time position that will support our research department.
This role is for the games enthusiast who knows Steam doesn’t just rise from coffee, can’t sleep when the slightest details are out of place and can out-Google a New York Times fact checker.
The Research Intern is responsible for being a scrappy team player who helps do things like look up who won the last LoL tournament, see what updates Pokémon GO released for the holidays, gather data like it’s redstone, speedrun through to-do lists, and everything in between.
- Research Assistance
- Search the internet, internal data and game forums for insights
- Communicate needs between departments
- Pull and organize data from our internal database
- Administrative Assistance
- Manage schedules
- Make arrangements for meetings and events
- Keep files and documents organized
- Help coordinate travel plans
- Current Junior or Senior in college
- Extremely keen eye for detail (this is a must!)
- Team player looking to help any way they can
- Experience with Excel
- Experience with PowerPoint and/or Keynote (Keynote experience preferred but not required)
- Social, eager and proactive
- Knowledge of proper written grammar and punctuation rules
- Knowledge and understanding of the business side of video games
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop or InDesign
- Experience with graphic design
- Experience and/or a love for market research
- Experience with more than one VR device
- A ridiculously high-score in your favorite game, your keystrokes per minute, your unbeatable Magic deck, your enthusiasm for your favorite eSports team – anything that shows you’re a gaming fanatic!
Projected Start Date: Sept 11
Please send your resume and cover letter to jobs [at] superdataresearch.com with the subject “Intern application”