Social Game Market 2011: North America
Pricing & Packages
Social games have become serious business. In the last year alone, the total market in North America increased from $1 billion to $1.4 billion, an overall growth of 35%.
The report Social Game Market 2011: North America looks at the purchasing behavior of social gamers, and offers an unprecedented level of insight into habits, usage, preferences of the people that represent the core revenue stream in this industry.
“This type of entertainment has become a mainstream activity,” says Janelle Benjamin, Director of Research at SuperData, “But the immense competition between publishers and platforms demands a better understanding of what drives revenue.” The report analyzes purchase data to allow social game publishers and their investors comparing internal performance against industry aggregates.
“Zynga’s announced IPO is a clear indication that the market for social games is maturing,” according to Benjamin, “This creates an increased need for industry-relevant metrics that go beyond internal analytics and apply performance measures to social gaming.”
This benchmarking report series builds on 1,885,227 unique transactions by 231,265 individual users, collected across different social game genres. Every month SuperData collects millions of data points on online game purchases and releases its findings via syndicated research. By analyzing sales data from a variety of sources, this report offers unprecedented insight into the behaviors and preferences of social gamers in North America.
Among the covered topics are market size and forecast, demographic breakdown, basket size, ARPPU by demographic, and payment mix.
Who Should Read This Report?
Social game publishers purchase this report to compare their own internal data to a representative data set that draws on a wide variety of companies, game types, and social networks. Investors and large media corporations use this report to assess key performance indicators, forecasts, and important market trends. And Payment Service Providers will better understand this growing market and its key players.
Customers who bought this item also bought:
- Social Game Market 2011: Brazil
- Payment Preferences of Online Gamers in North America and Europe
- Teen Online Gamers in North America
If you have any questions, we’d love to hear from you!
Table of Contents
Data & Analysis
- Market Size & Forecast
- Worldwide Social Gaming Revenue Distribution
- North America: Facebook vs. Other Social Network Platforms
- Demographic Breakdown
- ARPPU: Male & Female
- Purchase Behavior
- Basket Size Per Transaction, by Age Range and Gender
- Number of Transactions Per Paying User, by Age Range and Gender
- Payment Mix
- By Value
- By Transaction Volume
- ARPPU by Social Game Genre
- Value Metrics of Big Spenders, by Social Game Genre
- Number of Purchases Per Paying User Per Month
- Basket Size Per Transaction
- Overall ARPPU
- Percentage of Users Spending Over $25 in One Month
- Percentage of Users Making Multiple Purchases in Six Months
- Percentage of Users Making Multiple Purchases in One Month
- Time Between Multiple Purchases