F2P mobile gamers spend between $8 and $15 per month
March 28th, 2012 | https://www.superdataresearch.com/f2p-mobile-gamers-spend-between-8-and-15-per-month/
If last week”s $200MM acquisition of OMGPOP by Zynga proves anything, then it”s that the mobile gaming sector is heating up! And so we”re proud to release the research brief on mobile gamers we did for our friends at Casual Connect. In this brief, we provide several key findings and estimates for this growing sector. It”s also a preview of what”s to come in the Fall this year, when we roll out our mobile metrics research. Full report available after the jump.
Key Findings on Mobile Gamers
- Mobile gamers will represent a $7.5 billion worldwide market by 2015E, tripling from $2.7 billion today.
- Asia is currently the largest market for mobile gaming, with revenues forecasted to total $3.2 billion by 2015E.
- Freemium accounts for 55% of all mobile game revenues, compared to 6% ad revenue.
- Between 3.5% and 10% of a mobile Free-to-Play game audience will convert to paying users.
- Most users spend between $8 and $15 per month.
“Mobile gamers are key to building a successful strategy,” according to Janelle Benjamin, SuperData”s VP of Research, “Only by capitalizing on the early momentum can game companies establish a sustainable footprint for the longterm.” This report presents a snapshot overview of the mobile gaming sector. We have lots more data available. Subscribers to SuperData”s services receive accurate key performance indicators (such as ARPPU and conversion rates), market analyses, and revenue estimates on a monthly basis. Please contact us for more information.